Skip to content
USA Internship Program 
wash mon  NYC Street Signs  liberty

We find your host company and arrange sponsorship of your J-1 visa through our licensed partners.  Programs are open to American citizens and Permanent Residents, Foreign Nationals, and F-1 students at U.S. Universities.
Interning in the United States

Want to immerse yourself in the American culture while also building professional skills in your chosen field? Our Internship and Trainee Programs are for you! Add international experience to your resume, build your global network, improve your language skills and take time to travel the country and make friends. Our INTERNSHIP Program is for university students and recent graduates, while our TRAINEE Program is for professionals who already have a few years of experience in their fields.


We will assist you to find housing through several housing agencies that we can recommend or you may find your own accommodations on your own.

Visa Regulations

For information on whether you qualify, please refer to our information regarding Eligibility to Become a Trainee or Intern.

There are three basic fees:
Placement Fee with a US Host Company
  • $900 for US Citizens and Permanent Residents
  • $1600 for non-US citizens
  • Manhattan Institute of Management Program
    • 5 Week Summer- $2,150
    • 3 Month Internship- $3,425
    • 6 Month Internship- $5,400
    • 1 Year MBA + Internship- $23,600
    • 1 Year Diploma in Hospitality Management + Internship- $13,700
J-1 Visa Fee
  • The cost of your visa is not covered by your placement fee, and will depend on the length of your stay in the US.  You may also be charged a fee for your registration in the US immigration database (SEVIS) as well as for your consulate interview.  For more detailed information, see our Fee Structure.
  • Students at the Manhattan Institute of Management (MIM) will apply for the M-1 visa.  If you are accepted into the MIM Program, you will receive an I-20 that will enable you to apply for the M-1 visa.  
Health Insurance Fee
  • $55 per month.  J-1 students are required to purchase Health Insurance for the entirety of their stay in the United States.  M-1 students will not be required to purchase Health Insurance.
The cost of your program will vary depending on your program of choice, the length of your stay in the United States, and whether or not you are a US citizen or Permanent Resident.  Please visit our fees page or visit the specific program page of your desired program for more details.
Application Process

Step 1: Apply!
  • Begin an application, submit all the materials, and pay the $80 application fee by the due date.
Step 2: Deposit and Placement
  • Tell us what kind of internship you're looking for then pay the $500 refundable deposit and we will begin searching for a position for you! 
Step 3: Placement
  • Once your placement is secured, make all your program payments and obtain your visa.  Book your flights and prepare for your internship in the US.
Step 4: Intern
  • Arrive in the US and begin your internship.  Be sure to stay in contact with International Internships to let us know how you're doing!
A more detailed explanation of the application process can be found here: USA: How to Apply, Process & Pricing

Frequently Asked Questions

How long can I come for? 
This depends on the type of J-1 visa you qualify for.  If you qualify as an I
NTERN, you can come for up to 12 months.  If you qualify as a TRAINEE, you can come for up to 18 months.  To find out if you qualify as an intern or a trainee, click here.  

Interns at the Manhattan Institute of Management qualify for the M-1 visa, and can come for 5 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year. 
Can I get a custom placement in another city?   
We can do a custom placement outside of New York for an extra fee of $200.

Are internships and traineeships paid?   
NO. Internships are almost always unpaid.  

How much will my visa cost?  
Cost of the Visa is dependent on the duration of your stay, for Details see the fee section or view the printable pdf.

How long will it take to find me a placement?  
  • American citizens can be placed in a host company within 2-3 weeks.
  • Non-U.S. Citizens: 90-120 days from the time we (or you) secure a host company placement.  
Can I become an intern if I am currently in the United States?  
If you are an F-1 student, your university can offer you OPT (Optional Practical Training) or CPT (Curricular Practical Training) in the U.S.  All you will need is a placement related to your field, which we can arrange for a flat fee of $900.  Email or call our office (1-941-375-2223) for more information.  

Can I intern in the US through International Internships LLC if I am an American citizen or Permanent Resident?
Yes, we offer a guaranteed placement at a company in New York for a flat fee of $900.

Information Regarding our USA Internship Programs
Host Company Testimonial 
"We had a mutually beneficial internship that just ended and I just wanted to thank you for all the help. Let me know if we could host anyone else in the future."

Isaac Fattal, AD NOTAM Company, NYC

HOST COMPANIES:   Are you a U.S. company who would like to host an INTERN or TRAINEE? Have someone in mind or want us to find you a qualified applicant to interview? Click here for more information or call our office at 941-375-2214.