12 Week Spring #1,
12 Week Spring #2,
12 Week Fall #1,
12 Week Fall #2,
12 Week Summer #1,
12 Week Summer #2,
8 Week Fall #1,
8 Week Fall #2,
8 Week Spring #1,
8 Week Spring #2,
8 Week Summer #1,
8 Week Summer #2
|Program Sponsor:||International Internships LLC|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|8 Week Fall #1||2018||05/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||09/01/2018||10/27/2018|
|12 Week Fall #1||2018||05/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||09/01/2018||11/24/2018|
|8 Week Fall #2||2018||06/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||09/29/2018||11/24/2018|
|12 Week Fall #2||2018||06/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||09/29/2018||12/22/2018|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Custom Internship in London
Your internship placement will be customized to you and your goals in your chosen field. Your resume/CV and cover letter (describing the types of internship placements you would like and the skills you wish to work on during the program) are used to search for your placement. Our placement coordinators work with a large variety of companies and the organization you are placed with will be determined by many factors including company needs along with your education, experience, and background.
Are placements paid?
No, all internships in London are unpaid.
How long can I go?
This program allows U.S. students and recent graduates, as well as international students, to intern in the UK for up to 6 months. US students will be required to apply for special visa sponsorship through BUNAC.
- Be aged 18 or over
- Currently be a full-time degree level student in good standing or a recent graduate of a higher education institution. (Current students must have completed at least one semester of their university courses- future enrollment will not be taken into consideration. Recent graduates must begin their internship within 1 year of receiving their degree.)
- Have sufficient support funds
- As of September 1, 2015, if you are not a US citizen and are not studying in the US and/or English is not your first language you also need to provide proof that you have English Language skills of a high level. You will be required to provide an IELTS score of above 6.0.
Program Fee, 8-12 weeks: $2,800
Program Fee, 13-26 weeks: $3,000
- Custom placement
- On-site Coordinator
- On-site orientation
- Visa assistance (US applicants only)
- ISIC Card (for those currently enrolled in university)
- Evacuation Insurance (for those currently enrolled in university)
- Basic Health Insurance (for those currently enrolled in university)
- Please note that this insurance is not sufficient to meet the minimum BUNAC requirements. Please see the Insurance Section for more details.
- Airport pickup*: $150
- Tour Package*: $295
- City Tour
- Excursion / Cultural Activity
- Tour Guidebook
- 3-12 Academic Credits from Truman State University*: $650 flat fee
- 1 credit per 40 hour work week
- Journal and essay required
- Airfare to/from London
- BUNAC Program fees: $755
- Visa Fees: £230
- Pre-Site Visit: $150 (if required)
- Living expenses
Zone 1 South Bank Hall of Residence -
Southwark or Borough Tube station
- Shared twin with en-suite shower room: £200 per week (approx. $270)
- Requires 2 people traveling together
- Standard Single with en-suite shower room: £340 per week (approx. $455)
(Tottenham Court Road Tube station)
Self-catering basis - includes internet access, utility bills, council tax, TV license, weekly cleaning and Linen change
- Shared twin per person: £283 per week (approx. $380)
- Standard Single: £319 per week (approx. $430)
Zone 2 Flatshares
Self-catering basis: includes internet access, utility bills, TV, Linens, fully equipped kitchen, washing machine and dryer, and living room.
- Twin room with twin occupancy: £170 per week (approx. $230)
- Single Room: £220 per week (approx. $295)
Self-catering basis - includes fully equipped kitchen, TV in living room, wireless internet access, bedding/linens, washing machine, outside area, live-in representative, and utility bills
Zone 3 Northern London House Shares
Tottenham Hale Underground and mainline stations
- Twin room with twin occupancy: £156 per week (approx. $210)
- Single Room: £219 per week (approx. $295)
A wide variety of internship fields are available in London! If you don't happen to see your field available, ask us if we can do it! (941.375.2214 or email us!)
|Accounting||Drama / Theatre||International Studies|
|Child Care||Finance / Banking||Public Relations|
|Computer Science / IT||Graphic Design||Recreation|
|Criminal Justice||Social Science|
|Culinary Arts||Sports Management|
|Design||Human Resources||Television / Radio|
International Internships LLC will make every attempt to advise you of the process required for securing your visa but we do not know the process for citizens of every country. You are ultimately responsible for making sure you get the proper visa to enter the host country to partake in the program. We make no guarantee regarding the timeliness of visa issuance or your entry clearance nor are we responsible for any problems arising at Immigration Control whether prior to or upon arrival in the host country due to citizenship or visa status. You are encouraged to purchase refundable/changeable airline tickets or travel insurance if you think there may be an issue or delay in getting your visa. European Union citizens applying for an internship in the E.U. will not have to secure an entry visa for their program. Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to participate in any program but may have additional visa issues to contend with depending on their country of origin/ citizenship. Please note that our refund policies are the same if you are denied a visa and have to withdraw from the program. Please visit the BUNAC Intern in Britain site for full program and visa details.
US Applicants & International Students
US applicants and international students obtaining a degree from a 4-year institution must apply for BUNAC's Intern in Britain program in order to obtain visa sponsorship. Please note that BUNAC's program only gives you sponsorship to obtain the visa, it does not assist with internship placements or housing. Once you have visa sponsorship from BUNAC, you will need to apply to obtain the actual visa through the UK Border Agency website. The visa process can only begin AFTER the placement has been confirmed using our services. We will provide you with the documentation you need confirming your placement.
You will need adequate medical and accident insurance coverage for the full duration of your stay in the UK. BUNAC has a comprehensive and tailor-made travel and medical policy which has been developed exclusively for BUNAC Intern in Britain participants (www.compassbenefits.com/bunac). Participants who already have acceptable insurance of $500,000 medical coverage or higher and repatriation of remains (one plan that includes both) must provide a copy of their policy with the application for approval by BUNAC. BUNAC Insurance can be purchased for $360 (6-month policy). For more information on insurance requirements and to purchase a BUNAC Insurance policy, please visit the BUNAC Insurance Page.
Required Support Funds
You must show evidence of Support funds to obtain a visa: $2,500. This amount must be shown for the past 90 days. For details on providing proof of support funds, please read the Supporting Documents Handbook.
“I'm just writing to let you know that I completed my internship and I have been enjoying my 'tourist' time here in London. It was an amazing experience and I have really grown so much from it. I would definitely recommend this program to others looking for a new learning experience. I just wanted to thank you for assisting me so much through this entire process and providing support when I needed it. Many Thanks. :)” -C. Davis