Programs > Brochure
Australia: Custom Internship Program
Adelaide, Australia; Brisbane, Australia; Canberra, Australia; Melbourne, Australia; Perth, Australia; Sydney, Australia (Outgoing Program)
12 Week Spring #1,
12 Week Spring #2,
12 Week Fall #1,
12 Week Fall #2,
12 Week Summer #1,
12 Week Summer #2,
8 Week Fall #1,
8 Week Fall #2,
8 Week Spring #1,
8 Week Spring #2,
8 Week Summer #1,
8 Week Summer #2
|Program Sponsor:||International Internships LLC|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|8 Week Fall #1||2018||05/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||09/01/2018||10/27/2018|
|12 Week Fall #1||2018||05/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||09/01/2018||11/24/2018|
|8 Week Fall #2||2018||06/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||09/29/2018||11/24/2018|
|12 Week Fall #2||2018||06/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||09/29/2018||12/22/2018|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Intern in Australia
An internship in Australia presents a unique opportunity to be completely immersed in the culture and work environment down under! Working and learning alongside locals provides a unique insight into the beauty of the culture and customs of the Aussies. Whether you complete your internship researching starfish on the Great Barrier Reef or working at a 5-star hotel in the heart of Sydney - our Custom Placement Service will match your internship to your field of study. Select our optional tour package and you’ll get a guidebook, tour of your host city, and an excursion to visit places like Magnetic Island where you can cuddle with koalas or spend a day zip-lining through the trees! Inspire yourself to start a new adventure!
The Custom Internship Program offers candidates an opportunity to gain professional work experience and improve career opportunities in almost all academic fields and a wide range of industries. It is aimed at candidates seeking work experience/ internship positions in Australia. An internship is a great way to gain exposure to the professional work environment and develop professional workplace skills.
Fee and Length:
8-26 Weeks: $2900
Discounts for Students Attending Affiliate Universities
- Open to citizens of the following countries: Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, HKSAR*, Indonesia, Ireland, Republic of Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Republic of Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA, Uruguay
- Other nationalities contact us about eligibility
- You must be a current university student or have graduated no more than 18 months from the start of your program
- Agriculture, Farming & Conservation
- Architecture & Design
- Arts (Creative & Social)
- Beauty & Cosmetics
- Business Administration
- Communications & Public Relations
- Education & Training
- Environment & Sustainability
- Events Management
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
- Import, Export & Trade
- IT, Computing & Design
- Law & Legal Services
- Logistics & Transport
- Media & Advertising
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Planning & Design
- Politics & Government
- Social Work
- Sport & Leisure
- Travel & Tourism
- Veterinary Science
- Plus many more…
Note: Positions in the Health Industry for doctors, nurses, dentists etc. are NOT available due to government restrictions. Certain fields may require extra lead time and/or additional requirements such as portfolios. Contact us if you don't see your field listed to see if we offer placements in that area.
Hospitality Internship Program
The Hospitality Program is a paid internship program offered to highly skilled candidates that are completing or have completed hospitality studies and have relevant hospitality experience. Internships are available for 6, 9, or 12 months.
- Positions are available in:
- Food and Beverage, Front Office and Culinary/Cookery
- Internship applications must be submitted a minimum of 6 months prior to arrival in Australia and 5 months prior for candidates with a suitable working visa.
- All candidates must complete a telephone interview with our Australian office before being accepted into the internship program.
- Candidates must be willing to complete their internship in a hotel, resort or restaurant in any of the major tourist centers throughout Australia.
- The first week in the workplace for all interns will be focused on training and induction.
- Internships are arranged on a full-time basis with interns completing a minimum of 30 hours per week
- The average hourly rate for interns is AU$15-$20. This wage may vary depending on the Host Organization and internship hours.
- Be between the age of 18 – 30
- Minimum of 2 years university-level education in the hospitality field
- Minimum 6 months full-time professional experience in the selected internship department
- Be currently enrolled in a university or be a recent graduate within 18 months of course completion
- Upper intermediate-advanced English language skills
- Strong knowledge of the hospitality industry both domestically and internationally
- Flexibility and willingness to work in rural and remote locations
- Hospitality Internship 6 Months: $6000
- Hospitality Internship 9 Months: $6300
- Hospitality Internship 12 Months: $6600
- $500 Deposit is non-refundable in this program
- Interns have the flexibility of choosing their preferred start dates. Please apply 5-6 months prior to your desired start date.
- All interns who opt for the Hospitality Internship Program must present a copy of their Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate or complete the online RSA course, prior to commencing their internship in Australia. (Approx. AU$ 110)
*Note: You can now earn transfer credit from Truman State University when you complete an internship with International Internships LLC!
- Custom Internship Placement
- On-site Coordinator
- On-site Orientation
- 408 Visa Fees for Hospitality Program
- ISIC Card (for those currently enrolled in university)
- Evacuation Insurance (for those currently enrolled in university)
- Basic Health Insurance (for those currently enrolled in university)
- Housing for program duration (does not include the housing placement fee)
- Housing Placement Fee: $250
- Visa Fees: To be paid directly to Australian Immigration
- Airport pickup: $150 (additional $25 if arriving between 8 pm and 6 am)
- Tour Package: $295
- City Tour
- Excursion / Cultural Activity
- Tour Guidebook
- 3-12 Academic Credits from Truman State University: $650 flat fee
- 1 credit per 40 hour work week
- Journal and essay required
- Airfare to/from Australia
- Insurance: 25 AUD$ or 20 USD per week
- Living expenses
- RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol): AU$ 110
** Required for the Hospitality Internship Program only
We will help arrange your housing while in Australia. You will pay your housing provider directly. Housing is dependent upon the location of your internship placement and availability. It will be secured only after your placement is confirmed. Accommodation options and availability may vary. Once the housing placement has been found, a more accurate cost will be provided, however, students should budget for approximately $1200/month. We charge a housing placement fee of $250.
|Homestay, Private Room with Half Board:||$ 250-275 per week|
|Student Residence, Shared Room:||$ 250-425 per week|
|Student Residence, Private Room:||$ 300-450 per week|
Testimonials“This internship has just been amazing I have honestly learned so much and I am so grateful for being able to have this experience that I mostly wouldn't get otherwise!!! So thank you so much!!!” – Maggie M.
© 2017 International Internships LLC • (941) 375-2214 • email@example.com
PO Box 3604 • Placida, FL 33946