German Language Teaching Internship (Paid)
US$250 per month
5 - 10 months
The school provides English-speaking pupils the opportunity to learn German in a school where German is the primary language of instruction. In a school of over 600 students, children receive language instruction in German beginning in K4 through 5th grade.
- The intern will have opportunities to prepare and present lessons to an entire class, with the support and help of the supervising teacher.
- The intern will be assisting individual students, working with small groups, helping with classroom activities or doing cultural presentations.
- Intern will learn how to structure a lesson, develop objectives, get and insight into how to asses learning.
- Intern will help to organize and participate in annual school events and other outreach activities.
- Undergraduate Student in the field of: Prefer students majoring in Education
- Desire to assist in the teaching of German to students in a preK-5th grade school.
- Willingness to live in a host family environment in which English is the primary language spoken.
- Have at least two years of experience interacting with students under the age of 12 through internships, tutoring, coaching, group leadership, etc.
- Preference given to applicants who are training to become teachers of students under the age of 12.
- Foreign Languages required: German
Note the Position ID, click the button above, and select "Open Internship Positions Program" as the Program you are applying for.