Skip to content
Visa Information 

Most everyone will need a valid visa in order to intern abroad.  The type of visa you need depends on your nationality and the country in which you want to intern. 

The following are details on the visas for US citizens, those coming to the US to intern and select other nationalities (as listed where we can).  If your nationality is not listed for your desired location, you will need to contact the consulate of that location to determine the type of visa you will need.  International Internships LLC cannot assist you.

Please note that International Internships will assist US applicants with the visa process, including detailed instructions.  Again, because the visa requirements vary on nationality and location of internship, we are unable to assist everyone due to the numerous regulations.

Refer to the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Refer to the Consulate General of Brazil in Washington 

All participants must apply using the Q1 visa form. International Internships will provide participants with an invitation contact for the application.
US Citizens & International Students Studying at a US University: International Internships can process the visa for you if given the necessary documents and fees.

US Citizens: 3 months or less enter on a tourist tourist visa  
EU Citizens: no visa required

US Citizens: 3 months or less enter on a tourist tourist visa 
EU Citizens: no visa required

Tourist visa
**International Internships will provide participants with an invitation contact for the application.


  • US Citizens may enter Ireland on a tourist visa for up to 90 days.
  • US college students (or gap year students enrolled in college) can usually extend their visa for up to six months.  Extension cost:  350 Euro and is at the discretion of an immigration officer. 
  • Graduate Students should apply for an internship visa that will allow them to stay in Ireland for up to 12 months.
  • EU Citizens: no visa required
  • Citizens from other countries should check with Irish Immigration to see if a visa is required

US Citizens: 3 months or less enter on a tourist tourist visa 
EU Citizens: no visa required

Interns enter Mexico on a 90-day tourist visa

New Zealand
Refer to Immigration New Zealand
You may be from a VISA WAIVER COUNTRY and will not need a visa. Click here for details.


All non-EU citizens: BUNAC's Intern In Britain Program

US Citizens: 3 months or less enter on a tourist tourist visa
EU Citizens: no visa required



In order to take part in an internship in the UK, whether it is paid or unpaid, you must obtain a visa. This is an authorization issued by the UK Government permitting you to enter the UK. One of the primary requirements of that visa is that you have a sponsor. You must first apply to BUNAC in order obtain sponsorship so that you may be successful in obtaining the Tier 5 visa.
You may only begin the visa application process AFTER you have successfully obtained a Certificate of Sponsorship from BUNAC. Upon issuing your Certificate of Sponsorship BUNAC will send you an email containing the Certificate as well as detailed instructions on the visa application process.
What does the visa application process look like?
1.     Create an account with the UK Border Agency to electronically fill out your visa application
2.     Complete visa application, schedule Biometrics appointment and submit visa fee (£225)
3.     Visit Biometrics appointment (this appointment is to enroll your fingerprints)
4.     Gather all necessary documents and send along with your passport to the UK Consulate General for processing


BUNAC doesn’t find a placement for you, International Internships LLC will arrange this
This visa is valid only for the internship and employer described in the Employer Application and Agreement - you cannot change your internship
You must enter the UK on or after the start date of your visa to have it stamped properly
You must leave the UK on the visa expiry date but you may then be able to re-enter the UK as a tourist (not to work)
This is a multiple entry visa so you can leave and re-enter the UK to travel during your internship as many times as you like
Participants cannot take dependents (spouse, children) with them on this visa
The whole visa application process including having your fingerprints taken will take a minimum of 6 weeks.
You will be without your passport for approximately 15 business days during this process
Visas are issued at the discretion of the British Government
International Internships LLC is not responsible for any delayed applications or visa refusals
BUNAC reserves the right to reject an application at any stage.

Details can be found here for All non-EU citizens: BUNAC's Intern In Britain Program

All non-US citizens: J-1 visa


International Internships LLC will assist US applicants in the process required for securing your visa by providing instructions but make no guarantee regarding the timeliness of visa issuance or your entry clearance. We are not responsible for any problems arising at Immigration Control upon arrival in the host country due to citizenship or visa status.

European Union citizens applying for an internship in the E.U. will not have to secure an entry visa for their program.

Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to participate but may have additional visa issues to contend with. Whlie we will attempt to assist with the visa process, we may not be able to provide any visa assistance as we specialize in programs for US applicants.

Payment Processing

International Internships, LLC is a BBB Accredited Business. Click for the BBB Business Review of this Student Exchange Programs in Port Charlotte FL                       Youtube                          Instagram Icon


International Internships LLC • PO Box 3604 • Placida, FL 33946 • (941) 375-2214

© 2016 International Internships LLC